About Us – Musical Theatre
If you want to be transported to another world and experience great storytelling, costumes, scenery, special effects and music that will get your heart racing and toes tapping, then a visit to the theatre for a musical is just what you need!
In this website you will find a collection of articles about all things musical:
- From the history and present day New York Broadway and London’s West End – the two pinnacles of English-speaking theatre in the world.
- A look at some of the specific historic stages in London’s West End – Drury Lane and its rich history, as well as some of the musicals which have called these theatres ‘home’.
- Opera stars and pop music stars who have moved their talents to the stage as they take on classics such as Carousel and Walt Disney’s Aladdin. A look at their history and what we can expect from new productions.
- A look at some of the longest running musicals including Andrew Lloyd Webber’s The Phantom of the Opera – the cast, past and present, and the theatres hosting this magnificent show.
- We look at Dreamgirls, the critically acclaimed show running on London’s West End and boasting American talent from hit show Glee.
- Wicked – the beautiful tale of the two witches – The Good and the Bad – and their journey to the characters we know from the original Wizard of Oz.
Whether you are in London’s West End or New York’s Broadway you can pre book tickets or walk into a show on a whim – experience the thrills of comedy, adventure and tragedy where it’s supposed to be enjoyed!